2009/04/19

这个 exchange 很贵, 也很麻烦


Big ticket item : HP DV2-1022AX

Some specifications: 12.1'', 1.64 kg, AMD Athlon Neo MV-40 (Processor speed 1.6 GHz), 2GB DDR2 SDRAM, 320GB hard drive, LED-backlit screen, HP MediaSmart software ....
(shall spare you guys from these technical jargons)

The IBM laptop which accompanied me to TW has served both my bro and I a total of 4-5 years. Recently (and predictably), it threw a tantrum and refused to function normally. After much thought and support from family and friends, I went ahead to buy a new one! Thankfully, the electrical appliances in TW are relatively cheaper. My new laptop costs me around 1223 SGD. Which is why I say, 这个 exchange 很贵。。。

And why is it 麻烦? Back in Feb, I misplaced my wallet. Although I did not lose a big sum of cash, my ATM and debit cards were gone. This equates to cannot-withdraw-cash-liao. Having quite a bit of cash on hand, I mega-procrastinated until March where I called up DBS customer service hotline to enquire about card replacement. Unfortunately, this whole card replacement issue spilled into the month of April. So I will only be able to actually use my debit card in May...

More elaboration:

Step One-

Dad sends DBS acknowledgement letter (that requires my signature) to me via Speedpost (costs him $18.10 to send a piece of paper)

Step Two-

I sign the acknowledgement letter and send back to Dad

Step Three-
Dad activates my debit card


I'm currently still stuck at Step Two, FYI.

你说,哪里会麻烦。。。。。。

Yeah and very guilty for causing so much trouble to my parents, too.





3 comments:

  1. Hey hey, not to suan you, before going should get a sup-card ma... easier...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hurhur i dont know why i didnt get one too...oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. but i would have lost the sup card along with other cards too since my wallet gone...card replacement procedure's gonna be ma fan too :(

    ReplyDelete